A beautiful ceramic vase from the Moorcroft pottery. The vase shows an overall decoration of a riverside with reeds and water lelies in true-to-life colors. The Moorcroft pottery started in 1897 as a studio within a large ceramic company; James Macintyre & Co. In 1913 William Moorcroft split from the company of Macintyre and started his own factory in Sandbach Road. When in 1945 William Moorcroft passed away, his son, Walter, took over management and design. Since 1993 the Edwards family controls the factory, with Rachel Bishop as their senior designer.