Arne Bang (1901-1983) was a Danish ceramist, known for his stoneware vases and bowls with glazes in shades of blue, white, green and gray. This plate has a green glazing. Bang attended the Danmarks Designskole. In 1925 he collaborated with his brother Jacob Bang, who was an architect and designer, on the Danish pavilion at the Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels modernes. He opened his own studio in 1932, which closed in 1951.